Introducing the latest in order picking solutions
- May 10, 2016
The Yale AEREO aerial work platform (AWP) is a highly versatile unit, suitable for almost any industry. With a 450lb. capacity and 19.5 foot lift height the AWP can be used for a variety of functions:
- Transporting Materials and Supplies
- Inventory Maintenance
- Stock Picking
- Facility Maintenance
- Retail Displays
- Rental Market
Order Picking Solutions at Your Finger Tips… Need more equipment options for your order picking? Check out these options:
Multi-level Order Selector
4 Ways to Improve Order Picking
Now may be the time to revisit some basic first principles to maximizing warehouse efficiency.
- Having a discrete pick location for every SKU is rule #1. There is a definite time penalty associated to mixing multiple SKUs into the same bin location, it may slow the operator down by as much as 15+ seconds per pick transaction.
- Travel time can easily account for 50% or more of order picking hours. Combining orders into a single travel instance will greatly reduce the total labor time spent travelling between pick instances.
- Conventional order picking productivity improves when it is at ground level, however many companies lack the real estate at ground level to provide pick facings for all SKU.
- Higher pick density = higher pick productivity. If an operator picks from one out of every 100 possible pick locations, a far more efficient layout would allow operator picks from one out of every 10 pick locations dramatically reducing pick times, even if these pick locations are vertical.
Order Selector – Straddle Selector – Furniture Selector